A Return Of Mr.Six!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I have seen the Bus in the Employee Parking Lot. They had the Trolly Cars (from the old parade) and the The Bus, in the lot by the Job Interview Trailer, to left of the main Office Building. They also have all the Hayride Cars, in the lot also.

I believe I have seen the Bus in the Employee Parking Lot. They had the Trolly Cars (from the old parade) and the The Bus, in the lot by the Job Interview Trailer, to left of the main Office Building. They also have all the Hayride Cars, in the lot also.

All the other stuff you mentioned was there too. I can post pictures of them if you want.

Edited by Chiller

Pics. of those areas are a no-no here. They are considerd backstage areas and not allowed. I have a ton of shots from inside the Old Country last Season, close up's of Musik Express and Autobahn that I wish I could post, but they will be pulled off the site if they went up. (I found out the hard way) I even have a shot of inside one of the Fort Towers that I wish I could share with everyone.

Edited by Railer

This feels like college again with those syllabi that you must memorize priuor to the second day of classes.

Back to Mr. Six though. If he were to really become an in park character I wonder how he would be recieved overall. Obviously the Warner Brothers characters are well received by the children in the park as they are fun, friendly , and of course cartoons. The DC Characters go the same way. There is so much comic exposure to kids that they are recognizable by almost any kid, even if they don't understand the difference between Marvel and DC universes. Mr. Six on the other hand is an old man who is lively and seemignly eccentrric, but other than random commercials, to which many kids might not even pay much attention. SO I wonder how effective an in park character he may be.

Pics. of those areas are a no-no here. They are considerd backstage areas and not allowed. I have a ton of shots from inside the Old Country last Season, close up's of Musik Express and Autobahn that I wish I could post, but they will be pulled off the site if they went up. (I found out the hard way) I even have a shot of inside one of the Fort Towers that I wish I could share with everyone.

Thanks for the advice. Next time Ill know not to even bring someting like that up. I did not think it would be off limits concidering it was right beside an employee parking lot, but rules are rules. Did Six Flags give those rules? Should I take the picture of the bus off?

Edited by Chiller

My guess would be that his pictures are ok as they are not taken on foot which would mean you had somehow ventured into an area not open to the pulic eye or photographed areas of the park not open to the public from within its grounds. Consider that you could just as easily get some views Phil provides by going onto google earth and zooming in on the park. It would not be as clear, but the things it picks up are the same any other aerial view of the park would. I believe his pictures would be exempt from the ruls of things being out of bounds, plus it's rare from hi we get pictures that aren't focused on parts of the park we all see on a regular basis, aside from the boneyard.

We simply don't want people going into unauthorized areas to get photos and run the risk of getting in trouble (or even worse, hurt). Some backstage areas are visible from public areas and those pictures are fine. For instance I know you can get pictures of the bus, trolleys, hayride wagons, etc from the picnic area just off the parking lot.

As for Phil and his fantastic photos, he just needs to worry about restricted airspace rules and I don't think that is a problem over Great Adventure!

Some backstage areas are visible from public areas and those pictures are fine. For instance I know you can get pictures of the bus, trolleys, hayride wagons, etc from the picnic area just off the parking lot.

Thats only where I was. I did not expect it to turn into a big off topic discussion. As for FlyinPhil, he seems to be over at another Great Adventure fansite more than this one gavd.com. He has over 1,000 more post there. Someove may want to tell him what he does, we dont consider a "restricted area".

Edited by Chiller
^ Forum Rules & Guidelines - Read'em, learn'em, live'em !!! :P

We simply don't want people going into unauthorized areas to get photos and run the risk of getting in trouble (or even worse, hurt). Some backstage areas are visible from public areas and those pictures are fine. For instance I know you can get pictures of the bus, trolleys, hayride wagons, etc from the picnic area just off the parking lot.

As for Phil and his fantastic photos, he just needs to worry about restricted airspace rules and I don't think that is a problem over Great Adventure!

Thats only where I was. I did not expect it to turn into a big off topic discussion.

Though they may not be related to the topic at hand, general reminders from admin/mods are not meant to be taken personally.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

If they are reading this site, I'd like them to know that not everybody is happy about the return of the creepy old man. It says absolutely nothing about ANY of the Six Flags parks, let alone Great Adventure. Everyone raves about how great the advertizing campaigns of the nineties were and how great the current Busch campaigns are, and yet people are so excited about the return of a failed campaign that does nothing to promote the park or improve it's image. I don't get it. :huh:

Shapiro canned Mr Six because he was from the old management, usually when someone new takes over the first thing they do is undo most of the stuff the guy before them did. However Mr Six is a popular mascot and it was dumb of Shapiro to can him in the first place.

I love the Great Adventure-specific and attraction specific of years gone by compared to a lot of the more recent campaigns. However, I do like the way they used Mr Six to promote the Six Flags chain nationwide while also using him locally to promote Great Adventure itself. Below is a commercial for the Golden Kingdom using Mr Six and I think it's a great one. It promoted our park and tied it to the Six Flags corporate at the same time.