New Holiday in the Park Festival Captures the Magic of the Season at SFGA

29yrswithaGApass

They'll probably close the park if there's snow though, but it would be exciting it it happened.

FYI Philly just featured Holiday in the Park.

Saw it. And 106.1 and 104.5 had commercials of Holiday in the Park too. We could start expecting zoo crowds like a Fright Fest Saturday.

Has anyone heard anything through the grape vine on how the event has performed so far vs managements expectations? I would assume it's done very well but of course you never know what they were projecting.

Also, stop wishing for snow. lol What's wrong with you people?

Edited by Coasterbill

Hi, Can anyone tell me what the price for 1 season pass is at the gate or take a pic of the prices banner over the ticket booths? I bought my pass back during the first big sale but my new girlfriend doesn't have a 2016 pass yet.

It's winter in NJ. It's suppose to be cold and snowy, might as well wish for it. If you don't like it go south lol that's how I look at it

It's winter in NJ. It's suppose to be cold and snowy, might as well wish for it. If you don't like it go south lol that's how I look at it

As winters go NJ is about middle of the road and varies alot, hardiness zone 7 for most of the state. If you really want cold snowy winters move north or out to the midwest, they are famous for brutal winters.

What is the park's policy for operating coasters during HITP? I should be going for the first time on Friday or Saturday and it's supposed to be a bit cooler. If the coasters are open, I'll ride them! :)

Edited by RC98

Cold temperatures don't appear to be an issue, it has been as low as 33 when I have been at the park and the coasters were still running. If there are strong gusts or ice and snow that could close the coasters.

The policy is that they'll run the coasters until they valley. They don't care about weather... Seriously. 2 weeks ago on the 19th they ran Nitro in gale force winds at 40 degrees and only loaded the first few cars to try to help it make it through the course. It was really close a few times but it never valleyed and as the wheels warmed up the ride started running great.

Edited by Coasterbill

Today was probably one of the most perfect days to visit Holiday in the Park. Almost no one in the park, the only waits were for the next train to return. Being the only people on the Dark Knight and Skull Mountain also came with an added bonus: we got the operators to run both rides with the lights on! Probably the highlight of the day and a great way to finish the season.

The policy is that they'll run the coasters until they valley. They don't care about weather... Seriously. 2 weeks ago on the 19th they ran Nitro in gale force winds at 40 degrees and only loaded the first few cars to try to help it make it through the course. It was really close a few times but it never valleyed and as the wheels warmed up the ride started running great.

Not true, on Monday, they closed all the outside coasters for like 10 min when it started to hail or sleet lightly

Surprising that crowds aren't high during this week with many kids out of school.

LOL I think that was wise. It wouldn't feel too good to be pelted in the face while running full speed on Nitro

I got pelted by the rain on El Toro once. They never closed the ride though.

Saturday was busy, Sunday was so busy that Nitro had an hour wait at one point, Monday had a solid crowd despite a threat of rain and despite a rain threat and drizzle today's crowd was decent for a Wednesday. There's been rain or a threat of rain for the last 3 days... Personally I think besides yesterday crowds have been great considering the weather and honestly what did you expect yesterday?

Edited by Coasterbill