Photo Trip Report: July 7th, 2015 - Batman Backwards Media Event

29yrswithaGApass

Great shot's Harry. The "Macho Nacho" area is really coming along fast now, and i think it's going to be a really nice area once it's all opened up. Great atmosphere at night. But i'm looking forward to watching the Stadium come down. I was wondering about the Fences location (and timing, for the Holiday crowd's to get them talking) But hopefully it comes down in a way to see the wall opened up, and all the inner area's exposed.

2015_07_07_IMG_1913%20copy.jpg

Edited by Railer

This park has turned into such a dump, and the more i see i get that this management team is clueless as heck. Mark Kane was such a better park president then this clueless fool Fitzgerald. I have seen constant horrible decisions by Fitzgerald since he took over, between removing Rolling Thunder, Adding a carnival ride (marketing it as a coaster), Closing the golden kingdom, and now removing two show venues. I get that alot of these attractions were older and suffered from years of not being mentained but at the same time the park always choose the cheap way out. An amusement park need to have a good mix of coaster, thrill rides, kiddie rides and shows, but they have removed almost all of their shows and attractions. This why Six Flags inc and SF GADV are quickly falling behind the major player in the industry, i really think the best would be for the park to be sold to another company. I am truly glad that i no longer work at this place.

• Like 1

Compared to the additions added during the Mark Kane years, I think John Fitzgerald's selections are much better and more closely reflect what the park really needs. Mark had much less control of what was added because most of those decisions were pushed down from corporate (Wiggles, TDK, Bizarro) during his time. While it is still a budgeting balance act, we have had better additions over the last few years because the park has more of a say in what they need.

• Like 2

Fitzgerald is doing a good job with what money's corporate gives the Park, the Jim Reid Anderson "era" has given ALOT more control over to the Park President's on what attraction's they recieve. I think this year, even though "El Diablo" was a smaller attraction than what we are used to, is gong to end up one of the better year's in the park's recent history. All the infastructure work that is going on with heating unit's added to alot of the building's, a new sit down Resteraunt/Bar, and the coming transformation of the Lakefront will come together really good for the Park.

But i'm looking forward to watching the Stadium come down. I was wondering about the Fences location (and timing, for the Holiday crowd's to get them talking) But hopefully it comes down in a way to see the wall opened up, and all the inner area's exposed.

I think even if this isn't the case for takedown,I think we may get a glimpse of the inside sometime in the future. To be honest though it's nothing spectacular, just a lot of pipes and concrete.

If the grandstands are still usable, why not keep the grandstands, rebuild around and inside it and bring back a water stunt show. Then put a coaster in Old Country. Wouldn't that save some $$$ by reusing the grandstands and Chiller's station at the same time.

I understand taking down Fort Independence though and repurposing that area for something

I think even if this isn't the case for takedown,I think we may get a glimpse of the inside sometime in the future. To be honest though it's nothing spectacular, just a lot of pipes and concrete.

Yeah, i fugured it's nothing special under there, but just one of those thing's that would be neat to finally get a glimpse of. My "holy grail" of seeing what the inside's look like is the Fort's Tower's, and the stairs up to the Tower's. I has pics of the inside of the one Tower when the Door's under "Mine Train's" break run were left wide open a couple season's ago.