Great Adventure's 2016 Brochure

It looks great. I like how it shows the Joker with some riders upside down above the other riders.

I didn't realize the park was going to be open on Monday October 3rd or the Thursday the 2nd week in November. Also the last week in April (maybe since that is spring break for the NYC school district?). It looks like 191 operating days this season!

Group Outings picture shows [Old] Revolution from Magic Mountain, at least they depixelated Boomerang from Fiesta Texas a lot (just the supports giving the effect Joker has orange supports which is not going to happen let alone work)

I thought there wasn't Coasters After Dark this year?

May 12th is business and marketing education day

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/educational-event/business-marketing-education-days

Edited to add, 3rd post on the page here is a reply from the park saying no Coasters After Dark this year

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54313&start=13350

I thought there wasn't Coasters After Dark this year?

May 12th is business and marketing education day

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/educational-event/business-marketing-education-days

Edited to add, 3rd post on the page here is a reply from the park saying no Coasters After Dark this year

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54313&start=13350

Noooooooo. I really looked forward to coasters after dark every year. It was the one time where the park was a complete ghost town and I got in numerous re-rides. :(

We're barely a seasonal theme park anymore. I give it 3 years before we go year round.

I am excited about all the extra days on the calendar. I don't think the park will ever be open year round, the Texas ones don't even do that, but I can see Great Adventure opening on the weekends starting in early March.

It's not like they've been steadily increasing their calendar year after year... They just added the Holiday event so opening the two November weekends makes sense. It's an early opening this year because of Easter and spring break for schools. That has nothing to do with trying to open earlier in the year than previous years. They opened April 12 in 2014 and I'm sure they'll open again in April when Easter falls later.

Easter next year is April 17th. I hope they open at least the first weekend in April or earlier from now on. That extra 3 weeks of the offseason in 2014 was tough, when you are counting the days until the park opens. It would probably not be as bad next year though since it would still be an offseason of only 3 1/2 months.

For the past few years I've been following, they've always opened on the spring break of local K-12 schools. This year, I think local schools are split between having break the week of 3/20-3/26 or the week after, 3/27-4/2. March 19th (the Saturday) is pretty early to open as it is, but they're still trying to capture some attendance from that first week by opening on the Wednesday, 3/23.

I think I remember a few years ago when I was in High School, my school somehow had a 2 week spring break that year. If I remember correctly, the park opened on March 27th and was open daily for those 2 weeks. That was a very fun time. Freezing rain, but fun.

Edited by Matt Kaiser