Jump to content

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA


harry2004
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Tower said:

 

We already have one of those rides but it's on steroids (Sky Screamer) so adding it isn't necessary.

 

but some six flags parks have 2 swingers rides

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m totally happy with a Giant Discovery but I’d rather it be for 2020 and the Coaster for 2019. I’m liking the flat ride additions but we got Cyborg this year and we’re just waiting for a new coaster. Now we’re gonna have to wait even longer. It’s been 12 years since an original coaster an it looks like it’ll be at least 14 till we see another one. 

Edited by CoasterNick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Six Flags makes images like that that can be used for any park, they just pick a roller coaster that looks nice. They don't put one there like it is a teaser. I see Great Adventure advertisements all the time with I Box coasters and wing coasters on them all the time for years now. Do we have one? No

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Squidy2201 said:

When Six Flags makes images like that that can be used for any park, they just pick a roller coaster that looks nice. They don't put one there like it is a teaser. I see Great Adventure advertisements all the time with I Box coasters and wing coasters on them all the time for years now. Do we have one? No

Exactly, agreed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

His video showed no solid proof of a coaster coming. Granted, it doesnt show solid proof for a discovery either, but due to construction progress a discovery is more likely. His proof was there were markers and a crane. I'm pretty sure great adventure outright owns that crane. It's been parked next to metropolis for some time and it is heavy duty because I bet they would like to be able to use it on any of their rides. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This park needs to add something big. SFs can’t expect rides like El Diablo, Cyborg and a giant discovery to draw the crowds in. The few times I’ve been to the park this year it’s been dead. Just walking on rides. I’d really like to see attendance numbers for the year El Diablo was the new attraction vs the year El Toro was. Or even the year Joker was. I’m pretty sure these flat rides don’t help attendance numbers. So, what would I like to see for 2019? Nothing... Bank what ever money they were going to put into a new flat ride and put it towards an insane coaster for next year. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Well according to New Jersey Coasters comments on YouTube, he said they will NOT getting Giant Discovery or Skywarp. Only hope is RMC Raptor or ELSE!

I’ve met up with him a few times at the park.  He is as clueless as everyone else.  Your right, it might not be a giant discovery but a lot of clues point towards it.  At least we can be happy that something thrilling and exciting to coming to the park next year.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Njdevl9500 said:

This park needs to add something big. SFs can’t expect rides like El Diablo, Cyborg and a giant discovery to draw the crowds in. The few times I’ve been to the park this year it’s been dead. Just walking on rides. I’d really like to see attendance numbers for the year El Diablo was the new attraction vs the year El Toro was. Or even the year Joker was. I’m pretty sure these flat rides don’t help attendance numbers. So, what would I like to see for 2019? Nothing... Bank what ever money they were going to put into a new flat ride and put it towards an insane coaster for next year. 

That's not Six Flags MO by making a park get nothing. Like, SFNE was not supposed to get a Joker, but corporate was "Like you get Joker". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This park definitely deserves a brand new and original coaster. After I would believe it would be in the parks best interest to improve the children areas. Looking from the parks position the kids have rides but the park appeals mostly to teens and adults. They should add new additions to appeal to children and families so they can still receive money from that audience.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Could Six Flags could possibility add four new coasters to four Six Flags parks next year?

I can see four possible coasters coming to the parks like:
Six Flags Magic Mountain: S&S dueling coasters themed to West Coast Racers

Six Flags Great America: S&S Launch coaster themed to racing cars

Six Flags Great Adventure: RMC Raptor themed to Wonder Woman

Six Flags America: Convert Floorless Coaster

I'd rather retheme Swashbuckler to Wonder Woman (Deja Vu to The Flash, Skyscreamer to Scarecrow, Fender Benders to Joker's Dodgems, [Gotham City] Big Wheel, and use a T-Rex/Raptor named Poison Ivy Twister Coaster, Riddler's Crazy Coaster,  or Riddler's Mindbender (but a Discovery themed to Riddler would be fine). I just feel Wonder Woman doesn't fit the Raptor Track as well as maybe Posion Ivy coaster (being her vines) and it's just crazy enough for The Riddler to have designed it. Just my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is where work is going on currently over by where the Freefall and Cell Block 6 were in the past, It might be over a few inches to fit the queue behind the water works rest rooms, but I think the 4 way there should be fine.

IMG_2304.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have another image with Swashbuckler and a Discovery across from Cyborg as there were a few spots from the old Old Country flats that are viable in one of my albums that can be used for reference.

Edited by Pineracer
added other image to one of my albums.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think they could retheme the picnic grove to metro park if they turn movietown and old country into dc universe and remove the white tent and move the outdoor seating to tent lot and used that current seating area for a giant discovery or a water ride themed to aquaman and plant trees around the new outdoor seating area

Edited by harry2004
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

 

Guys again we just don't know yet what new 2019 addition will gonna have yet until next Thursday. Giant Discovery rumor might be not true. It's going to be RMC Raptor rumor is true or not...

If you want to photoshop an RMC Raptor in that spot, be my guest. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love to see one more addition this coming year in Metropolis to round out the area, hopefully a nice flat ride like a pendulum or zamperala endeavor. Then maybe in the years after scatter the additions to other areas of the park, maybe in the Golden Kingdom and Lakefront (around the former Lake Grandstand area). I think those two areas after Metropolis are most in need for some TLC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went on Sunday, 8/19/18, and in the cleared area next to Zumanjaro, there were 4 large wooden crates stamped SFGA, along with what appeared to be 2 large white plastic wrapped pallets next to them.  By the shape of the pallets, it appeared to be some type of base...you can spot the crates from the que, and the shape of the pallets from the ride itself. (I left my phone in a locker so I didn’t get any pictures or I would post them)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Tbone112499 said:

I would love to see one more addition this coming year in Metropolis to round out the area, hopefully a nice flat ride like a pendulum or zamperala endeavor. Then maybe in the years after scatter the additions to other areas of the park, maybe in the Golden Kingdom and Lakefront (around the former Lake Grandstand area). I think those two areas after Metropolis are most in need for some TLC.

let me see:

2019: flats rides in both old country and movietown with a retheme to dc universe and possibly one in golden kingdom

2020: new coaster for dc universe

2021: water coaster, new shows, new animals.

2022: kids areas redo

2023: lakefront redo 

 

Edited by harry2004
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, photoguy said:

I went on Sunday, 8/19/18, and in the cleared area next to Zumanjaro, there were 4 large wooden crates stamped SFGA, along with what appeared to be 2 large white plastic wrapped pallets next to them.  By the shape of the pallets, it appeared to be some type of base...you can spot the crates from the que, and the shape of the pallets from the ride itself. (I left my phone in a locker so I didn’t get any pictures or I would post them)

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

 

Guys again we just don't know yet what new 2019 addition will gonna have yet until next Thursday. Giant Discovery rumor might be not true. It's going to be RMC Raptor rumor is true or not...

Of course we do not know. Part of the fun is speculating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2018 at 3:41 PM, Pineracer said:

I'd rather retheme Swashbuckler to Wonder Woman (Deja Vu to The Flash, Skyscreamer to Scarecrow, Fender Benders to Joker's Dodgems, [Gotham City] Big Wheel, and use a T-Rex/Raptor named Poison Ivy Twister Coaster, Riddler's Crazy Coaster,  or Riddler's Mindbender (but a Discovery themed to Riddler would be fine). I just feel Wonder Woman doesn't fit the Raptor Track as well as maybe Posion Ivy coaster (being her vines) and it's just crazy enough for The Riddler to have designed it. Just my opinion.

 

 

You just described my worst nightmare.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...