You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

All the trash people leave in the parking lot at GADV, it's disgusting. Other parks like Dorney and Hershey don't have nearly the amont of trash left on the pavement like GADV does. Seems like it is almost a pastime for GADV visitors to leave plies of trash by where they had parked rather than disposing of it into trash cans. I don't know why people who visit GADV are so much worse about this than at other parks but it's been like that for years.

Edited by The Master

• 4 weeks later...
Family Suing Disney Over Cheese At Theme Park

Family: Boy, 4, Burned By Scalding Hot Nacho Cheese

POSTED: 7:57 am PST February 11, 2011

UPDATED: 8:23 am PST February 11, 2011

SAN DIEGO -- One Chula Vista family claims their vacation to Orlando's Disney World turned into a horrifying experience.

The family's San Diego attorney, Sean Cahill, told 10News their 4-year-old son Isaiah accidently spilled scalding hot nacho cheese on his face at one of the theme park’s restaurants and it left him with a blister so large it’s almost as big as his upper lip. Now Michael and Maria Harris are suing Disney World. The couple worries the child’s face will be permanently scarred.

The little boy’s parents said Isaiah started screaming and crying and probably won't remember Disney World as the happiest place on earth. Cahill said, “A young child of four cannot be expected to have any understanding of what the temperature would be.”

Cahill also told reporter Itica Milanes that Disney didn't take the boy's injuries seriously. “That's the disappointing aspect of it, they found that Disney World really had no interest in taking responsibility for the incident,” Cahill said. The Harris family is suing theme park for pain and suffering but won't say for how much.

The scenario may sound a lot like the woman who sued McDonald's in 1994 after getting burned by its hot coffee but former district attorney Paul Pfingst says the jury will be much more sympathetic to a child's injury. “This case is better than that case because the victim here is a child and a child cannot be expected to test the food the same way an adult may test the food,” Pfingst said.

A Disney spokesperson released this statement, "It's unfortunate when any child is injured. It would be inappropriate to comment on pending litigation."

Cahill said, “That is more sympathy than they've shown us in our prior discussions with them.”

“A young child of four cannot be expected to have any understanding of what the temperature would be.” -

This is where a little thing called "parenting" comes in handy. Ugggg! :angry:

Sadly Disney will probably settle out of court. I feel bad for the kid but Disney did nothing wrong.

I hope that family never goes to Fuddruckers since the nacho cheese is self serve and a kid playing with the dispenser could get burned easily.

"A young child of four cannot be expected to have any understanding of what the temperature would be." -

This is where a little thing called "parenting" comes in handy. Ugggg! :angry:

When I was four I knew full well what hot and cold was. I also knew not to touch real hot or cold stuff too. It's still a shame the kid was hurt but I bet if the parents were paying attention this probably would not have happened.

Edited by The Master

When you been on a forum for a while and some newbie who has no clue what they are talking about tells you that you are wrong about something when they are the one who is wrong. For example on autmotive forum I am on, some clueless new member tells me that I am wrong about being against removing low emission systems. That removing them automatically gives you more power. That is false, doing so only reduces power and MPGs on a stock engine.

Edited by The Master

• 4 weeks later...

2 things really grind my gears :angry: :

1: When people ask the SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER again. I go on the Six Flags Great Adventure Facebook Page quite often, and every time I see at least 2 or 3 people asking either A: When is it opening or B: When is Green Lantern going to be open. Then I scroll down a little bit to find BOTH questions ANSWERED many times. :52:

2: When people put the word "the" in front of coaster names like "the Nitro" or "the Kingda Ka" or "the El Toro". It annoys the crap out of me. :Z7:

I agree with those. But I give a break to the people new to the park. Now if that person (or group) were a season pass holder for at least half a season... then there is a problem. I'm a big fan of knowing about the park I like to go to, and knowing the names of rides is a very simple start for me. In fact, if I'm trying out a new park, I'll study the map ,names and facts ahead of time. Although I'm not saying that everyone else should.

Edited by ThemeParkRider

QUOTE(bvfcfirefighter @ Mar 9 2011, 11:59 PM) 2 things really grind my gears angry.gif :

1: When people ask the SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER again. I go on the Six Flags Great Adventure Facebook Page quite often, and every time I see at least 2 or 3 people asking either A: When is it opening or B: When is Green Lantern going to be open. Then I scroll down a little bit to find BOTH questions ANSWERED many times. 52.gif

2: When people put the word "the" in front of coaster names like "the Nitro" or "the Kingda Ka" or "the El Toro". It annoys the crap out of me. 7.gif

The The Bull.....

What annoys me is when people think Rolling Thunder is Batman and Superman -- no kidding.

I also hate all the trash in the parking lot -- but that's also partly GADV's fault. There needs to be a lot more trashcans in the parking lot, and more spread out. If they did this, there would be less trash. Hopefully they add more trashcans when they redo the whole parking lot next season. (BTW -- they never actually said they were redoing it, just wishful thinking)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have this problem on another forum, it's pretty stupid but very annoying. There is this one guy who always disagrees with me for the sake of trying to prove me wrong or make me look bad or foolish or provoke a fight with me so he can claim I am a troll. He does have good debating skills and he isn't stupid but it's clear he hates my guts. After a little while I put him on my ignore list so I don't have to interact with him again, and I posted that he was on my ignore list so he would know. Despite that he still often replies to many of my posts, of course I don't read them since I know he won't be saying anything nice to me. I get along with most of the other members on that forum, but it is pretty annoying to see this one member still stalking me even though I no longer read, let alone respond to any of his posts.

Edited by The Master

• 4 weeks later...

People throwing stuff during a roller coaster ride. Two 13 year old looking kids were throwing paper and candy at other people in and off the train on Steel Force at Dorney today. So after the ride I reported them to Dorney's staff and they would not let them ride Steel Force again. I saw the Steel Force ops turn the two bad kids away when they tried to ride Steel Force again. What is the matter with some people?

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...