You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...It is not a technical but a political term...

Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
To quote 29yrswithaGApass, "Let's avoid politics, religion, and the handful of other things that might lead to arguments amongst members."

• 2 months later...

Rifftrax jumping on the E-begging bandwagon. Very disappointed in Mike and Kevin going down that route, though it doesn't surprise me since Bill started e-begging last year. It was only a matter of time before the other two joined him. Still I hope they don't suffer a AVGN grade backlash from the fans even though they are bringing it onto themselves. Sad thing is this was the kind of BS they used to make fun of back in the MST3K days, remember the Pearl Network skits?

Edited by The Master

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dorney closing White Water Landing for the season since at least a few days ago because of Haunt construction. I know both Great Adventure and Dorney are starting their Halloween events very early this year but I was looking forward to riding White Water Landing a few more times this season and at least expected it to be open until Labor Day especially since in past years it is running from opening day to mid September.

• 3 weeks later...

When your watching a video of Steel Dragon 2000 and read in the comments, "This is a copy of California Screamin at disney land!"

Practicly, people who don't know much about theme parks try to make themselves look cool while instead making themselves look like idiots.

• 2 months later...

You Know Who Really Grinds My Gears?

kennywood50.jpg

ThemeParkReview is a great site (for the most part). But this guy (or should I say manchild) just makes us coaster enthusiasts look like immature little pricks. No wonder he got banned from ACE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This new Star Wars Story group Disney setup to try to make their new EU as canon as the 6 original films. Sadly this is going to be a loophole Disney will use to alter the films by using the EU instead of chsanging the films themselves. Sorry story group, the 6 films will always be considered true Star Wars canon no matter what you want. Lucas used to say the EU was a different universe from his films and even Disney can't change it, though they will try.

Six Flags's laziness when it comes to constructing new rides really frustrates me. It's absurd to me that Kings Island has the structure for Banshee, their huge new B&M inverted coaster, almost complete, while our park has just started construction on a drop tower attached to an existing park structure. The fact that Kingda Ka has to be closed while Zumanjaro is constructed on it makes it even worse. Then the new ride opens Memorial Day while every other park chain gets its rides ready for opening day.

I feel like I've been saying it too often in my posts, so I'll post it for the last time here.

I guess, but how come Cedar Fair parks (Kings Island as my example) can start earlier anyway even though they're a company reporting costs and revenue too? Do they have different financial constraints?

Anyway, this is probably why high school students aren't put in charge of parks. :)

Six Flags probably has it's reasons for wanting to put construction cost reports in the next accounting period. Compaines usually have 4 accounting periods in a year, know as quarters. Mainly to make it easier to track accounts. But also to "time" accounting stuff for various reasons like to delay payments until a better time. Companies also budget for so many costs a period and usually try to avoid going over budget, even if they can easily pay for overbudgeting. A dollar is worth more now, than in the future which is accounted for.

• 1 month later...

When people write in shorthand, I can't stand looking at it. I honestly think it takes more effort to write in shorthand than just the actual word. Nothing annoys me more when I text someone, and they respond with "K." :dunce:

• 3 weeks later...