Jersey Devil Coaster - Coming Soon!

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is an odd little tidbit that I am not sure they were counting on:   - Jersey Devil will be the park's 6th highest coaster (Kingda Ka, Nitro, El Toro, Green Lantern, Bizarro, and JD)

Forum,   I am catching up on site maps at a very reasonable pace. After being a month behind, I am caught up to February 23rd as of early this morning. The current lineup of site maps goes a

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure      

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Eugene Krabs said:

Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Fiesta Texas is pretty much almost done maybe even done. I hope they start construction on Jersey Devil soon!

ACE got to ride it a few weeks ago

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I saw yesterday although it was like 8 when I saw i got to see most of the crane looks like construction is starting to begin again and I didnt realize that Jersey Devil was very long lol.

• 2 weeks later...

The crane pictured above is no longer at the site as of yesterday, November 5, 2020. It has been relocated to the lakefront area behind The Joker. However, I wouldn't slam the door on the continuation of construction because of this.

I'd expect construction to resume before the end of Holiday in the Park and I'd also expect the coaster to be open for opening day of 2021 (my prediction for this is the weekend of April 3, 2021, or the Thursday/Friday beforehand (April 1 and 2 respectively). 

UPDATE: I am hearing rumblings that a large gray crane is on site near the JDC crows nest and can reportedly be seen from Prospertown Lake. I intend to visit the site of JDC today to confirm whether this is true or not and hopefully grab some photos if a crane is in fact there. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

The crane is actually there been there for like a week now pretty much confirms they are going to start construction during holiday or off season. it has now been removed though an put in another place

Edited by Eugene Krabs
i was wrong

307B21CB-A7AF-4614-8D38-F516402CCCE2.thumb.jpeg.f9ea2c42518f0cc0000548dca852b4f6.jpegBD3AA799-6492-4889-8411-C2A5492D67BA.thumb.jpeg.279b620ac39412e59b21a22e445ddca3.jpeg44F4F7B5-341B-4880-806C-522D7D42DD93.thumb.jpeg.336706a6bf02bb69521a8f9462dda4f4.jpegI was able to make it out to the site tonight and the ride looks great as always. It appears that some track pieces have shifted positions, but from what I could see, the crane has been removed from the site for now. This may not be true, as it was pretty dark out when I visited the site, but I’d still expect construction to begin very soon; probably as soon as Monday if we are lucky!

Edited by XENITH

Turns out there's going to be a Jersey Devil BBQ, located across from Seaport Eats. It premiered on the old 2020 map and still on the new one. Replacing Nitro Pub. Though I dont think they have done any work on it right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

Good to see it's still on track for 2021!

I was worried after SFOT pushed their ride back another year, but supposedly it's because they decided to upgrade it and add the turntable for two car operations and boost capacity. 

Absolutely! Very exciting to see that 2021 still seems to be a go! I am going to guess that construction will resume in January - Early February.

RMC Raptors go up relatively quickly, look at how much beautiful orange track went up in a month and 8 days! I definitely think once the park gets the ball rolling for JDC’s vertical again, it will fly up! 

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Jersey Devil Coaster - Coming Soon!