Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

The Skyride and Parachutes are the two most vulnerable rides at the park today.

I honestly can't see the skyride going. I would leave an empty spot in the for that cant be removed and the whole ride would be a pain in the ass to get rid of. It always has long lines and Its a crowd pleaser. If anything, the paracutes are gonna go.

• Like 1

The Skyride and Parachutes are the two most vulnerable rides at the park today.

Wouldn't be too disappointed. I'd love to see a monorail or something along the lines of that instead. They recently broke down for about 30 minutes and then started up again, but they were probably going 1 foot every 5 seconds. They don't seem very safe anymore.

I honestly can't see the skyride going. I would leave an empty spot in the for that cant be removed and the whole ride would be a pain in the ass to get rid of. It always has long lines and Its a crowd pleaser. If anything, the paracutes are gonna go.

It is more of an issue of availability of parts more so than popularity.

I'd love to see a monorail or something along the lines of that instead.

You won't see anything replace it. Transportation rides are a thing of the past in theme parks. If they don;t have it and maintain it they won't be installing it. The cost of building something like that has no return on investment on the surface and it takes guests away from walking past shops, games and restaurants. Most parks have removed their trains, monorails and skyrides for that reason along with costs and insurance liability.

But, the sky ride doesn't have many problems.

It doesn't, but every couple of years the cable needs replacement. And any time it needs a part it needs to be specially made since the manufacturer went out of business 30+ years ago. They've been getting the parts from the other parks that closed their Skyrides, but eventually those will run out...

Likely nothing. The park doesn't mind have large vacant portions of land. Shapiero was more than happy to rip rides out and leave plenty of empty spots that still remain to this day.

Good point. I hope they at least put some kind of shop on the ground level, it's a good location