Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

This is February right? Feels like April. During a break from bike riding my daughter says she wished GA was open today just for us. Conversation turned into which rides we wanted to go on but then turned into a pick the ride that you wanted to re-ride all day. Oldest said she wanted to ride the sky screamer all day. My youngest wanted to ride Harley Quinn all day. Wife wanted Nitro all day and I wanted Zumanjaro. Sure wish the park was open to see how many re-rides we would have actually done.

Anyone here set a crazy record for re-rides? What ride was it?

This is February right? Feels like April. During a break from bike riding my daughter says she wished GA was open today just for us. Conversation turned into which rides we wanted to go on but then turned into a pick the ride that you wanted to re-ride all day. Oldest said she wanted to ride the sky screamer all day. My youngest wanted to ride Harley Quinn all day. Wife wanted Nitro all day and I wanted Zumanjaro. Sure wish the park was open to see how many re-rides we would have actually done.

Anyone here set a crazy record for re-rides? What ride was it?

I support your zumanajro decision. Such a re-rideable ride.

As for records just about any video or film shoot at the park requires a bunch of re rides.

Zumanajro- probably 10-15+ rides for just for closeup shots of the one vehicle. Total for the day was probably 40-50+

Joker was a 2 day ordeal and much Dramamine was involved on day 2 as it was longer although repeat rides were a little harder due to flipping and switching people in and out. Total for first day was maybe 10-15. 2nd day was prob 30-40+.

I think I re-rode El Toro about 11 times in a row during an ERT event back in April or May. I remember it was an after closing ERT so El Toro was the only coaster open in the park. It was really weird riding it and seeing the rest of the park completely empty. Now I really want to ride El Toro right now haha.

IBOK, any signs of hope in getting your daughter on the bigger coasters this season? Maybe after the winter months she will be willing to give one a shot!

As of today she still says no but I think she can be talked into Nitro and others this year. We went skiing for the first time not long ago and had an incident where she wouldn't attempt the bunny slope because of viewing other first timers crashing around like pin balls. After a little pep talk, finally got her to try. It wasn't pretty and both of us couldn't quite figure out how to stop but had a great time. After a few more runs we got fairly good at it. Later that night I used this as a life lesson for being scared to try the big coasters at GA. Explained that if we allowed her fear to decide not to even try, she would have missed out on this awesome experience. Same can be applied at GA. Major difference being that this time we really were risking injury. She understood the point and said she would think about it when the park opens again. We will see.

As a parent, its going to be a great day when it finally happens and I'll get a new coaster buddy. Nothing better than that.

Will keep you posted. Thanks for asking.

From Twitter I learned Jacob Sartorius is preforming at Great Adventure June 17th. He's like 13, so a little different. This has also been confirmed by the park on the website.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/concert/jacob-sartorius-concert

https://twitter.com/SFGrAdventure/status/833740469288968194

From Twitter I learned Jacob Sartorius is preforming at Great Adventure June 17th. He's like 13, so a little different. This has also been confirmed by the park on the website.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/concert/jacob-sartorius-concert

3 words.

Shake

My

Head.

Six Flags.... what are you doing?!?!?

Why would he perform at the park? He has gotten a lot of negative reception over the music he released.

I believe it got a .5/5 from AlMusic. Ouch! There are also a lot of coaster enthusiasts on Instagram planning to boycott the park for letting this concert happen.

This is really all I have to say to people who are actually boycotting over some kid.

Yea, I really hate his music, but I'm not going to boycott anything, lol. What I will say, is the Six Flags usually books talented artists, like ones vocally talented, which means not having super loud backing vocals. With Jacob though, he can't sing AT ALL, so in his life performances, they blast a backing track so you can't hear him, or he can just lip sync. Idk, really hope they didn't book him over someone else. I'd love if they got Eden as he's currently my favorite artist.

Does he have a big following? Wouldn't be surpised if they booked him if he's a cheap gig. The big name celebs cost money. I would much rather see something like the magic show that they had in showcase in august the other season. I wonder if we'll see new shows in movietown with Justice League coming. Has the 2017 map and lineup been release yet?

Does he have a big following? Wouldn't be surpised if they booked him if he's a cheap gig. The big name celebs cost money. I would much rather see something like the magic show that they had in showcase in august the other season. I wonder if we'll see new shows in movietown with Justice League coming. Has the 2017 map and lineup been release yet?

He has a few million followers on Instagram, so a lot of people know about him. I knew about him for quite a while and like many teen stars, they aren't very good at singing/songwriting due to possible lack of experience. The 2017 map hasn't been posted yet but will be posted soon.

It's not that his singing is bad for a 14 year old but it's the lyrics. I wonder if he's doing all of his songs at the concert.

It's possible. He only has a few songs and like two singles. I don't listen to his music so I don't really know.

It's not that his singing is bad for a 14 year old but it's the lyrics.

No, it's really way more his voice. His songs can be bad, because he's 14 and singing to 12 year old girls, but he cannot sing at all, and they can't even fix it with autotune, which is obvious when listening to a few seconds of his songs.