Misc GA Mumblings

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

Are you Yoda?

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

I'd guess this was some of the strip of land from the park to the interstate for the entrance road that was never built, and/or the land south of the park along Prospertown Lake. 

So the area behind the paint ball place and across from the Wawa, etc?

I am sure the park still plans to use the other side of the lake for Camporees and stuff, but that would be good area for a state park IMO.

I also just found the place where ya'll launch your canoes just now

On 2/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, GAcoaster said:

I'd guess this was some of the strip of land from the park to the interstate for the entrance road that was never built, and/or the land south of the park along Prospertown Lake. 

I never knew they owned land abutting I-195, but if true, that would certainly be the most valuable land.  My concern is $8 million dollars of undeveloped land in Jackson, NJ sounds like a very large number of acres, most of which GA owned south of Prospertown Lake, and most of which is shielded from development for environmental reasons.  Thus, I'm not sure who would buy such a large number of acres of land that they knew had restrictions on the lands use.

Update:  So I checked the acreage owned by the park in the 2020 Annual Report.  It turns out that in the report, the company claims that 2,111 acres are now owned by the park while last year's report says 2,200 acres were owned by the park.  I guess I'm just baffled that 89 acres of undeveloped land in the area could possibly sell for $8 million dollars.

Edited by Daved Thomson
On 2/24/2021 at 7:05 PM, Daved Thomson said:

I never knew they owned land abutting I-195, but if true, that would certainly be the most valuable land.  My concern is $8 million dollars of undeveloped land in Jackson, NJ sounds like a very large number of acres, most of which GA owned south of Prospertown Lake, and most of which is shielded from development for environmental reasons.  Thus, I'm not sure who would buy such a large number of acres of land that they knew had restrictions on the lands use.

Update:  So I checked the acreage owned by the park in the 2020 Annual Report.  It turns out that in the report, the company claims that 2,111 acres are now owned by the park while last year's report says 2,200 acres were owned by the park.  I guess I'm just baffled that 89 acres of undeveloped land in the area could possibly sell for $8 million dollars.

Perhaps the land's value is in being an carbon offset? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, The Master said:

Perhaps the land's value is in being an carbon offset? 

I don't think so because potentially developable land dropped from 456 acres to 367 acres in the annual reports.

This is what 89 acres of land looks like.

bQCxVnN.png

On 2/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, Medusa42 said:

Based on information from the Ocean County Clerk's Office, back in December 2020, Six Flags sold land to Cardinale Jackson Crossing Associates for $7,775,823. This is the same company responsible for the Adventure Crossing development across from Wawa on Route 537.

I thought that all the land had already been sold to them. However,  you can see in the attached image, the area in blue is the additional land that was sold back in December. The land area is 91.41 acres in total.

AdventureCrossing_Parcel.jpg

SF_DeedSale.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looks like NCSY still attends to visit Great Adventure this year. If you want to avoid the crowds the group will be at the park on Tues March 30th, Wed the 31st, and Thur April 1st. Through I imagine that reservations will be in short supply for those days anyway.

Edited by The Master

Yeah it is extremely crowded when they are there. I still remember around 10 years ago I was there on one of those days and I left after getting 2 rides in because even the minor rides/coasters were 45+ minute waits.

Went to the Safari on opening day today. I always thought the piece of track in the baboon area came from Lightning Loops, but now i’m not sure. Anyone know which coaster it came from? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Toro was HAULING tonight for Power Hours, I got 4 rides on it and got to do a bunch of the other coasters in a short amount of time. The 5 bucks was definitely worth it tbh, staying at the park till late was a plus too 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else think the park has been much more crowded than normal for Spring time? A couple of Sundays ago I went and it was so bad I came home after an hour. Looked at the Is it Packed? website and it shows the park is super crowded again. Plus the reduced hours so there is less time for crowd thinning and turning traditionally less busy times into upcharge events plastered all over their websites and Facebook  are not helping matters. To top all that off are the horribly slow operations so far this year. Even Nitro is slower than a turtle with bad feet.  I have lost desire to even go back to GADV which I am not happy to say but I can't help feeling that way.    

Edited by The Master

People have been cooped up for 15 months and want to get out and do something normal again.   We have gotten so used to seeing smaller crowds and I think any assemblage of human life seems odd and extreme at this point still.   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

People have been cooped up for 15 months and want to get out and do something normal again.   

I am not one of those people, but I appear to be in the minority.

Attendance trends are accelerating according to Mike Spanos on the Q1 Earnings Call.

Through this past weekend, our year-to-date attendance trends have accelerated at our open parks increasing to 79% of 2019 levels compared to 51% in the fourth quarter of 2020. We are seeing strong guest spending per capita and our Active Pass Base has surpassed prior year first quarter levels place in a solidly on track towards recovery.

It may be a real mess with Jersey Devil whrn it opens with it being lower capacity compared to the other major GADV coasters combined with much larger than usual crowds almost every operating day this season. The Is It Packed? website rated the last 3 Sundays as a lot more crowded than usual. Also looked up Hershey and that was also rated more crowded than normal.

The park has definitely been packed on weekends, if anything it makes Power Hours all the more worth it. I'm sure the park knows what they're doing making it an upcharge event, they know people will go for less wait times

6 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro are now able to run together with people on both rides! 

362D07FE-7C76-444D-8E9F-58D7D2C09B41.jpeg

Being up that high on Zumanjaro and feeling the tower shake from Kingda Ka’s launch is gonna be absolutely terrifying and I can’t wait to experience it.

Not sure if they should really be doing that TBH.

Recently I have seen some weird things at the park. First they expanded the no car keys rule onto more coasters such as Nitro and Batman which is a major PITA. Saw regular people from the lake strolling and walking their dogs under Nitro's hammer head curve, clear sign that security needs improving. Flashpass users now get first dibs for the front row, it used to be front rows were precluded from Flashpass riders unless they waited in normal standby.

At the front of the parking lot there was a NY cop car parked with the Jackson NJ cop cars. Its pretty weird as they are so far out of their jurisdiction that they are closer to PA than NY at GADV. On Dark Knight they cut a large hole in the corrugated metal wall at the base of the chain lift. Operations at Nitro have been really slow this season, even ET and Bizarro are dispatching faster than Nitro which has been stacking bad every time I have been to the park.