Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Last Call!

Tomorrow (Sunday, Aug 30th) is the LAST day to see Brad Ross' Unbelievable magic show! Show times are 2:30pm, 4:30pm, and 6:30pm. Go and show the park that people want shows!

xskfGoj.jpg

Also,

This is the LAST week to experience Batman Backwards! It only lasts through Labor Day Weekend! (through Sept. 7th)

UvkhXVk.jpg

^That's strange. It was open when I went on Friday.

Speaking of HH, I don't know much about waterpark operations so I ask why do the lifeguards periodically have to evacuate the wavepool? It was annoying having to get out every so often, but I'm sure there's a good reason behind it

I don't think the announcement will bring larger crowds. Some schools are still off this week. Jackson goes back I think on Wednesday but Philadelphia and NYC don't go back until after Labor Day. The past 2 years, the weekdays during the first week of September were empty but I think that is because all schools were back in session by then since it was past Labor Day.

• Like 1

My school doesn't go back until after Labor Day. Although I do know a lot of schools go back on Wednesday or thursday this week so I don't wouldn't think it would be that busy. The heat may also scare some people away as well.

I don't think the announcement will bring larger crowds. Some schools are still off this week. Jackson goes back I think on Wednesday but Philadelphia and NYC don't go back until after Labor Day. The past 2 years, the weekdays during the first week of September were empty but I think that is because all schools were back in session by then since it was past Labor Day.

My kids go to Upper Moreland High School (North of Philly) and they started Monday (yesterday).

Hoping to buy a pass for next year. Still have yet to convince my mom it is worth it. But if I do get one for 2016 I believe it would be my 5th year with a season pass. I may have to end up buying one myself but I really wouldn't mind doing that.

My mom is trying to tell me she is going to wait to buy season passes for next year because they always extend the sale an extra few weeks. Can someone knock some sense into her for me? I know they have extended it in the past but who is to say they will do that this year.

Also, next year will also be my first year of being able to drive so I should be able to get around to the park more often.

They might extend it or the price could go up a few dollars. I think they also sometimes have Black Friday sales although it probably won't be as low as this. Last year I missed the $60 pricing for a gold pass, got it during the offseason and paid $70. I think I paid $90 instead of $85 for the dining pass because it was after the sale.

I won't be renewing my SF season pass in 2016, but it would've been my third year in a row.

My home park is SFA and at this point even the $50 gold pass donest justify renewal for me. I've visited about ten times since 2012 and they aren't doing anything exciting to me for next year. It's not a knock on their new family area in the waterpark but I've experienced what the park has to offer and it's not as exciting as Great Adventure's offerings.

As for Great Adventure, I'll be off to college next August and have plans in the works for a Cedar Point/Kings Island week long trip early in the summer with a buddy of mine. Because we're doing that I'm going wih the Cedar Fair platinum pass, so I'll be doing Kings Dominion more locally this fall and spring before then.

Six Flags has some great new attractions in 2016 and I'd love to ride Toal Mayhem, but I might not have the time for GA or motivation for SFA.

Edited by Password121

My mom is trying to tell me she is going to wait to buy season passes for next year because they always extend the sale an extra few weeks. Can someone knock some sense into her for me? I know they have extended it in the past but who is to say they will do that this year.

Also, next year will also be my first year of being able to drive so I should be able to get around to the park more often.

This sale will definitely be the cheapest you'll ever see 2016, since they're claiming that on the page. However, I've noticed that they basically just start a new sale as soon as the previous sale ends. Essentially, the price will just go up like $3 every week or so until they're full price in like July.

It's definitely safer to buy earlier, since you don't know what the next sale will include. (Right now, both season passes and dining passes have free upgrades to the Gold level, something you might not get later on.)

It might be a glitch but the park's website is showing the ability to purchase the Flash Pass for September 24th which is a Thursday. The park calendar isn't showing the park open that day though. It is also showing the ability to purchase the Flash Pass on November 7th and 8th which also looks like a mistake since that is Grape Adventure.

Also the 2016 Gold Pass went up a lot if you are only buying 1 pass. It was $69.99 during the sale, now it's $104.99.