Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

So it seems like a possibility for snow next week, we'll have to wait it out and see what happens.

Looks like it is pretty low for now. Nov snow is fairly rare here and we have a long enough snow season as is. .

Because I don't want snow on my Halloween stuff and having to clean it up and snow also makes me depressed. DOTs would then overspray the roads with salt that dissolves cars, putting an early end to the classic car driving season. I don't want to see an extended winter with an early start to the snow. It's only a cold snap for a few days then it is going to warm back up to about normal.

Because I don't want snow on my Halloween stuff and having to clean it up and snow also makes me depressed. DOTs would then overspray the roads with salt that dissolves cars, putting an early end to the classic car driving season. I don't want to see an extended winter with an early start to the snow. It's only a cold snap for a few days then it is going to warm back up to about normal.

Well, now it looks like some snow showers possible on Tuesday but no accumulations. At least it is something, and for you, you don't have to worry about seeing it for more than a few hours.

That's good that there should not be any accumulations. Though the different state DOTs will probably overact and dump tons of salt on the roads. I can't even start to tell you how harsh that stuff is on everything. You just don't drive a good car in the winter.

Did you work at the ride or have a season pass for it? If not, that must have been a lot of upcharges!

Yeah was on the crew this summer, ha.

Something neat about the skycoaster brand is, if your trained fully at a skycoaster you are considered a "site controller" (there must be a site controller at all skycoasters at all hours of operation.) With this certification you are allowed unlimited rides on ALL skycoaster attractions throughout the country. I made it to SFGAm, Indiana Beach, Kennywood, Cedar Point and rode there skycoasters with no cost.

Curious how expensive is the great adventure skycoaster?

KI's starts off every morning at $5.00 per person and typically raises to $10.00 per person around 2pm (if it's even busy) but never getting above $20.00 per person (which is rare as we only hit $20 probably 8 times this season)

Where I live were not supposed to get more than just a mix of rain and snow, I hope they are wrong though! I have already started decorating my room for Christmas,

Most of my Halloween stuff is still up. I refuse to take it down until after Thanksgiving. I always prefer a non-white Christmas, white Christmas are for really cold regions anyway, much colder than ours.

This sudden cold snap will be hard on my palms and probably kill my Banana early. It's bulb is cold hardy so it will come back next spring, I just have to cut the dead stalk down to prevent rot.

Supposed to be rain tonight, then switch to flurries in the late morning.

Snow flurries tonight! :Snowman: Christmas-mode is knocking at my door and I can't wait to let it in! :santa:

I am still sad that Halloween is over, thankfully the weather was warm for it this year. I never really get what is so great about snow?

Edited by The Master

I always prefer a non-white Christmas, white Christmas are for really cold regions anyway, much colder than ours.

This sudden cold snap will be hard on my palms and probably kill my Banana early. It's bulb is cold hardy so it will come back next spring, I just have to cut the dead stalk down to prevent rot.

We aren't cold enough for a white Christmas but should be warm enough for palms? Not typical of this area! We are the home to four well defined seasons. That is what keeps things interesting weather-wise!

We are warm enough for three kinds of palms, Needle palms, Dwarf Palmettos, and Windmill Palms, all 3 can live in our zone 7 climate outddoors year round in the ground. GADV, Hershey Park, and the Morris Arboretum have Needle Palms growing just fine. While Grounds for Sculpture has Windmill Palms and Dwarf Palmettos. All 3 are fan palms which are the stronger sub type of palms. Their leaves do get some freeze burn but not enough to kill them, and they more than make up for it in the growing season. Musa Basjoo Bananas are pretty common and while the stalk dies, the underground bulb is cold hardy and pushes out a new stalk the next spring. Though are growing season isn't long enough for them to grow Banana fruit, but they still bud off saplings like crazy. We are zone 7 which is about in the middle of the range of growing zones and why we have four seasons.

White Christmas are rare here because it usually doesn't stay cold enough to support snow very much until Jan, even then snow usually only lasts a few days so White Christmas are quite rare here. I know many view it as being a bad thing, but I view it as being good. While our winters are pretty cold being sub-freezing, they are rarely sub-0 like you get out in the midwest which I am thankful for. Our winters are about in the middle zone for their harshness. This is why the three kinds of palms can live here. Windmills are mountain palms that don't like true tropical climates making them pretty unusual.

Edited by The Master

I personally like having a white Christmas, though I can't say I remember ever having one, except years ago when there was snow on the ground, but it rained that day. I like to think of a white Christmas as it is snowing that day, but it is rare to see that here, which has been said.

I was able to land a reservation for a two bedroom villa at the new Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort in October just after it opens. I am really excited!

Staying at the Grand Floridian Villas was INCREDIBLE! We had a beautiful two bedroom villa on the top floor overlooking the rest of the resort/lake when we were there for Halloween week (sandwiched between Great Adventure's closing day and the last day of Grape Adventure). It was my first vacation using Disney's Magic Bands and they worked perfectly. Being able to book Fastpasses from home beforehand was great.

So you had to plan which park you would be at and book what ride you would be riding at a given time? I got those new bands but I didn't use them, it was weird not seeing turnstiles at the entrance, just those gold globes for scanners.

My Banana's stalk was killed last night, the high today is usually our normal low for this time of the year. Guess I will have to chop it down and cover the stump for the winter.