Our forums are back up and running! Sorry for the interruption.

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

Debating on going to Gadv (since I have not been there in months) on Sunday morning or Asbury Park Beach (not too many weekends left for the beach)... Guess it will depend on the weather.

Just a heads up to you guys, travel in the Delaware Valley is going to be a mess this weekend with the Pope's visit. The Ben Franklin bridge and the Schuylkill will be shut down from Friday to Monday and both the PA turnpike and 295 in NJ have signs warning about heavy traffic delays. I am not sure if I should even attempt to go to any parks this weekend with all the warnings about major traffic into Philly jaming all the major roadways.

I guess the turnpike will be worse than normal. I am only on the turnpike for 8 miles (Willow Grove to Neshaminy exit) and then take Route 1 into NJ when I go to Great Adventure but since that exit is also where you can go to pick up I95, it could be bad. Maybe going to Dorney wouldn't be as bad since I wouldn't think the Northeast Extension would have more traffic.

I guess the turnpike will be worse than normal. I am only on the turnpike for 8 miles (Willow Grove to Neshaminy exit) and then take Route 1 into NJ when I go to Great Adventure but since that exit is also where you can go to pick up I95, it could be bad. Maybe going to Dorney wouldn't be as bad since I wouldn't think the Northeast Extension would have more traffic.

I usually take the PA turnpike from Willow Grove to NJ turnpike instead of Route 1... Any advantages? I have only done the Route 1 route a few times. Do you also take that way on the way home also?

I take that route home. It saves about $11 in tolls round trip. Last year when I calculated it, it was $1.02 from Willow Grove to Nehsaminy and no tolls the rest of the way. Going home it was $1 for the bridge in Trenton and then $1.02 again from Neshaminy to Willow Grove. When I calculated the trip with the NJ Turnpike it was around $14 in tolls round trip. It might have changed since last year since I think tolls did increase this year.

I take that route home. It saves about $11 in tolls round trip. Last year when I calculated it, it was $1.02 from Willow Grove to Nehsaminy and no tolls the rest of the way. Going home it was $1 for the bridge in Trenton and then $1.02 again from Neshaminy to Willow Grove. When I calculated the trip with the NJ Turnpike it was around $14 in tolls round trip. It might have changed since last year since I think tolls did increase this year.

I just looked at my EZ-Pass and its $2.55 from WG to Delaware River Bridge and $2.15 from NJT exit 6 to NJT exit 7A. Comes out to $9.40 round trip.

I never really look at it since I use the Turnpike for work everyday (WG to Norristown and back). And come to think about it I am spending over $13.20 a week using the turnpike when I could go the back way (using Butler Pike and Norristown Rd) and save that money (and lose about 10 minutes of time each way).

The turnpike has signs warning drivers to plan ahead and to take alternate routes as did 295.

I am taking my daughter up to NYC on Saturday to visit 2 colleges (NYU and CUNY-Barush) and will be taking the NJ turnpike to get there.

2 questions... 1- Should I just drive into NYC (which I have done many times before on a weekend) and park near one of the colleges or drive to Hoboken and take the PATH into the city.

And 2- wonder how traffic would be going up the NJT with the pope being in Philly.

Been following Hurricane Joaquin for days and I believe that now ios the time for everyone to really start paying close attention to it. Predicted to become a category 3 hurricane, and IF it were to turn and impact the east coast it very well could still have hurricane status. Of course the track is still very uncertain but I still think this is something we all need to prepare for.

^^How ironic.

But seriously what is going on with the weather here? We have little to no rain for like 2 months and now we're about to get hit with a Hurricane. Only on the east coast...