Our forums are back up and running! Sorry for the interruption.

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

• 2 weeks later...

5 hour wait for the Frozen ride at Epcot right now. Soarin Fastpass line started at the Imagination building earlier. I would rather stay home than deal with those crowds.

Me too. Probably impossible just to walk around on the walkways.

Weather forecasters really screwed up this time. All week they were saying this storm would miss us or just a light coating near the shore. Last minute they drastically changed their forecast and now going to get hit with 5 inches of snow on top of the 2 that is already on the ground from two days ago. Every year they do the same thing.

Weather is just so hard to predict you really can't blame them. I've been watching the models over the past few days change drastically. Some had the storm to the south giving us nothing while some have consistently been showing the more northern track. There are so many variables that could change make huge changes to the outcome that no one can predict. Regardless, I love snow so this storm is awesome for me. Definitely have over 6 inches and it should still be coming down for another hour or 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm high volume on the mental stress test called the Burlington/Bristol bridge. Nerve rattling to cross that thing.

Not to mention it is a draw bridge that opens for passing ships. Once last year I was stuck on the Bristol bridge for two hours as three ships passed in a row.

It's that time of year again. Miserable February is on the horizon. We always leave for a week to escape the cold dark depression for a bit. Anyone care to make a unique recommendation on where a family of 5 should go that's warm and reasonably affordable? We have passports in case they are needed so where are the "off the beaten path" gems that you guys found? Our all time gem was Costa Rica but are open to Florida, Texas or wherever. Go ahead and lists some ideas to help us decide if you can. All ideas are welcome.