Jump to content

Miscellaneous Mumblings


Thrill-Pics
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just got back from another crazy weekend. We did Terror Behind the Walls on Thursday Night, Haunt @ Kings Dominion Friday night, and Busch Gardens all day Saturday for Howl-O-Scream.  I think TBtW had the best haunted trails, especially with the opt-in glowstick necklace. I really liked how most of the trails at KD and BGW were indoors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

 What purpose did the glow sticks serve?

 

Wearing the glowstick around your neck lets the actors touch you, push you around, and even separate you from your group to go down a separate path.

 

I don't get scared by trails besides the rare effective jump scare, so I instead really appreciate the details and atmosphere they create. The physical contact just adds a little edge that other haunts don't have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2017 at 10:11 AM, Matt Kaiser said:

 

Wearing the glowstick around your neck lets the actors touch you, push you around, and even separate you from your group to go down a separate path.

 

I don't get scared by trails besides the rare effective jump scare, so I instead really appreciate the details and atmosphere they create. The physical contact just adds a little edge that other haunts don't have.

 

Which, if I'm not mistaken, is not allowable by law in NJ.  Or so the ghouls at every haunted maze informed us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt Kaiser said:

I don't know if there's any specific law against it, it just opens them up to potential lawsuits. You have to sign a waiver to enter Terror Behind the Walls, and then the physical interaction is another opt-in after the waiver.

 

Yeah, it's a pretty standard Hold Harmless, by no means ironclad.  I can understand why SF wouldn't want the liability, it's bad enough they're taking people over uneven ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like Gillian's Wonderland Pier is joining the other parks in the area that are open in November and December. I got an e-mail that the indoor rides will be open on the weekends. Not really great for anyone without kids since it's almost all kiddie rides in that section of the park.

 

They are also selling their Runaway Train coaster:

http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=2142

 

Playland's Castaway Cove also is selling their Double Shot:

http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=2139

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some Walmarts seem to have good clearance deals like that, others are horrible. Unfortunately my local Walmart is one of the bad ones, where a $29.44 item marked down to $29 is their idea of a clearance price.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2017 at 3:16 AM, Yoshi said:

Some Walmarts seem to have good clearance deals like that, others are horrible. Unfortunately my local Walmart is one of the bad ones, where a $29.44 item marked down to $29 is their idea of a clearance price.

 

 

and you still have to wait in long lines and get crappy service

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dougdrummer said:

and you still have to wait in long lines and get crappy service

Most Walmart Supercenters have around 50 registers and only open about 5 of them at the most. The one nearest to me actually replaced half their registers with self service ones that seem to break a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lemur said:

Happy sailing!

(I've never done a Disney Cruise.  No casino.)

 

LOL when you work in casinos or cant afford to lose your money, you don't go into them on the ship. Unless you can pass through to get someplace else.

Edited by scott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...